Every month there are different types of sales occurring; different promotions running to get customers in the door. What deals should you be keeping your eye out for this month though?
As everyone knows, January 1st is the day that EVERYONE makes their New Year’s resolutions. A majority of those resolutions, although made, are never stuck with and tend to be involving weight. Maybe gaining more muscle, toning down, shedding a few extra pounds or just eating healthier in 2017.
- January is known as National Oatmeal Month. This means that all kinds of oatmeal will be on sale throughout the entire month: quick oats, old-fashioned oats, rolled oats, and steel-cut oats and ready to cook oatmeal packets.
- There are a lot of great sales on the diet foods as well, which makes January a good time to stock up. You can expect to see cereals, frozen entrees, meals and granola bars, diet shakes/drinks, Healthy Choice, South Beach, Lean Cuisine, Special K, Kashi, Smart Start and 100 Calorie Packs. Plus the diet aids are should be on sale too:shakes, weight scales, diet cookbooks, exercise equipment and weights.
- Health medicines will also hit sales:cold medicines, cough drops, vitamins and cough syrup.
- If your resolution is to get organized for the year 2017, sales are looking out for you too. You can expect to see all sorts of organizing aids on sale: shelving, plastic tubs and containers and labels.
- Another January sales bonus…Superbowl Sunday!! You can expect to see a good sale on soda, chips, dips, cheese, sandwich items, crackers, snacks, wings and cut fruit & veggie trays.
- There are some fruits and veggies that you can see on sale during this month as well: oranges, pears, grapefruit, tangerines, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, celery, chard, collards, kale, kiwi, avocado, cabbage and spinach.
- My favorite part of January though? Christmas Clearance!! You can see everything Christmas on sale: decorations, toys, lights, stocking stuffers, artificial trees, ornaments, wrapping paper and gift bows. There will also will be New Year’s party supplies on sale and then a week later; on clearance: noise maters, hats, party favors, wines and sparkling juices.